August 3, 2010

It Just Happened


Thomas: And you, um you’re married?

Summer: Yeah, it’s crazy huh?

Thomas: You should have told me when we were at the...

Summer: I know.

Thomas: You know, at the wedding when we were dancing.

Summer: Well, he hadn’t asked me yet.

Thomas: But he was in your life.

Summer: Yeah.

Thomas: So why’d you dance with me?

Summer: ‘Cause I wanted to.

Thomas: You just do what you want, don’t you?

You never wanted to be anybody’s girlfriend. And now you’re somebody’s wife.

Summer: Surprised me too.

Thomas: I don’t think I’ll ever understand that. I mean, it doesn’t make sense.

Summer: It just happened.

Thomas: Right, but that’s what I don’t understand. What just happened?

Summer: I just – I just woke up one day, and I knew.

Thomas: Knew what?

Summer: What I was never sure of with you.



*Salah satu scene klimaks di film 500 Days of Summer yang dinyatakan oleh teman saya sebagai kejahatan emosional terburuk yang dilakukan wanita terhadap pria*

No comments: