March 5, 2013

We Are Literally Alone

Yes, we are.

It is the statement that I build to strengthen my own heart when I'm sad, brokenhearted, disappointed, friends leave, being ignored and hated.  It seems cynical, but it does not. I believe that we are the ones who can make ourselves happy. We are the ones who fight for our life. We are the ones who decide what we want to be - that way or this, good or bad, successful or failed. We are the ones who take the risks. We are the ones who responsible to our own life. We are the ones who create our images. We are the ones who can help ourselves - of course - with Allah's help.

That's why I am not interested much with people who always beg to earn for living or who complain much without doing nothing. It seems like they do not want to change their destiny and blur the thin limit between 'unwillingness' with 'laziness'. Even Allah states, "Truly, Allah does not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves"

Being far from home is very good for me to understand about life and to enlarge my point of view. I used to be a very dependent to my parents when I was in school. Now, I grow up and have been stronger. I love them more and more. Moreover, being the only girl in my sub-directorate pushes me to be tougher and multitasking. And I am so grateful. I really grow up. I really grow up.

I am used to be walking alone to go somewhere or to eat somewhat. And, it's very okay. Sometimes we should be friend with this loneliness to be more independent. Sometimes I think I am so romantic with myself. Though I always miss many things. I miss many people. Having expectation from people sometimes may hurt you - though I always believe that there are some who keep being loyal to you. Their hearts are so big, their loves are eternal. Thank you.

I still remember words stated by my lecturer. Why people - in mature age - need relationship? Because the older we are, the more autonomous we are, the fewer best friends we have. In this case, I agree with him.

We are literally alone - in responsibility - as human being. But believing this always makes me smile, "Allah is closer to me than my veins". Allah never leaves.

:)

2 comments:

Meidiawan C S said...

kalau kata Chairil Anwar:
"nasib adalah kesunyian masing-masing"

@chabadres said...

halooo mas med :)

yah, memang demikian... :D